High School
1225 10th Street, Cody, Wyoming 82414

Frequently Asked Questions

For your convenience, we’ve compiled a list of the questions we hear most frequently. We also invite you to review our student handbook for more details or for clarification on our policies. If you still have questions, give us a call—we’re happy to help!

What do I need to do if my child will be absent from school?

If your child must miss school, please inform the attendance office (Mrs. Henry, ext # 5107) prior to the start of class on the day the student will be absent. For calls before 7:30 a.m. or after 4:00 p.m., please leave a message on the automated system. If a student has to leave school early, a parent or guardian must come to the front office of the school to sign him/her out. 

Back to Top

Where can I find the class schedule?

We post the bell schedule for regular and late-start days on our website’s Our School page. You can also download and print our weekly schedule here.

Back to Top

How do I register my child at Cody High School?

Please visit our district Registration page for the information about registering your child at our school. You may download and print a copy of the registration forms, and bring the completed forms together with the required documentation to the main office.

Back to Top

What is PowerSchool and how do I get a username and password to use it?

PowerSchool is just another way we keep communication between home and school strong. It provides you with almost real time access to your child’s grades, attendance history, and other important information. Please call the front office to set up your log-in information for the first time.

Back to Top

What is a ZPass Card and does my son or daughter need one?

To more safely and effectively facilitate student transportation, Park 6 schools use the Zonar Pass Program. ZPass is a student identification system designed specifically for school bus transportation. We issue all students a ZPass card and retractable lanyard. Each card has the student’s photo, name, and Zonar ID. An electronic reader on the bus will identify each student upon entering or leaving the bus. Students must use the card when entering and departing all buses, including all routes, field trips, and activity trips. We use ZPass data to determine bus-load counts and in case of an emergency or lost-student situation.

Back to Top

Can my child bring a cell phone and other electronics to school?

While students may have electronics on campus, our faculty does not permit the use of cell phones during instructional time except under special circumstances. All electronic devices must be turned off and inaccessible (in the student’s backpack, purse, etc.) during the instructional block, including classroom time, assemblies and pep rallies, and field trips.

Back to Top

Can my child buy breakfast and lunch at school?

Yes! Our cafeteria serves breakfast and lunch every school day for a reasonable price. We also participate in the federal free and reduced price lunch program for those who qualify. For more information or to apply for free/reduced meals, see the district Food Services page. You can also see monthly menus by visiting Nutrislice.

Back to Top

What if my child requires medication during the school day?

Our school nurse will administer medication in accordance with state regulations and with physician and parental approval. Please complete our medication authorization form and bring medications in the original, labeled packaging to the front office. You will find the medication form along with other information about our dedication to your child’s health and wellbeing on our district Student Health page.

Back to Top