When you’re a new employee or substitute, we expect you to have questions. We’re happy to help you find the answers you need to get started.

Substitute Resources

Salary Schedules & Pay Periods


A secondary school athletics coach must have some formal education and possess a valid Wyoming Coaching License with Professional Teachers Standards Board (PTSB) prior to coaching with Park 6. Learn more here.


Our district uses Absence Management (AESOP) to administer employee absences and substitute employee assignments. With it, campus employees create assignments that substitute employees can search and accept based on their personal settings. AESOP may be accessed via phone or online seven days a week from 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.


We are always looking for professional, qualified staff members to join our school district. We hire individuals who are passionate about education. If you are interested in applying for a position with us, please follow the instructions on this page.


View current job postings or submit an application through our online portal. Applicants should be prepared to upload a letter of interest, a resume, and three letters of recommendation.

Apply Online Now


After the deadline for receiving applications passes, the appropriate administrator screens the online applications and resumes and selects candidates for a panel interview.The campus administrator conducts reference checks with immediate supervisors and sends the recommendation to hire to the district superintendent and director of human resources for final approval. Park County School District No. 6 does not discriminate on the basis of sex, handicapping, race, color, national origin, or age in its educational program and activities or in its personnel procedure.


We frequently have positions available for substitute teachers. As a substitute, you are a vital part of Cody's educational system. We appreciate your interest and enthusiasm in the success of the Cody Public Schools and extend our thanks and best wishes as you join our staff. To apply, select the “substitute” category in the job portal.

Substitute teachers are responsible for ensuring that student learning and school experiences remain uninterrupted in the absence of the teacher or other staff member. By accepting a substitute assignment in one of our schools, we expect our substitutes to effectively manage student behavior and academic instruction. We also encourage all substitute employees to cultivate and maintain professional relationships with current employees.

Park County School District welcomes the expertise and experience of retired educators. Retirees from Park County School District who wish to substitute teacher must complete an online application. Please contact our Business Office for guidelines within your retirement plan to avoid possibly jeopardizing your benefits.

Apply Online Now


  • If you hold a valid Wyoming Substitute Teaching License, you must upload it with your application. If you are applying for a substitute teaching position and need to obtain a Wyoming Teaching Certificate and/or take the Wyoming/U.S. Constitution test, please visit these websites for more information.

  • You must complete all certificate information prior to substituting in the classroom.

  • If you do not hold a valid Wyoming Substitute License and are not applying for a support staff position, you will need to visit the Park County District Office and pick up a fingerprint background check packet. Please complete packets at the local police department and return them with a cashier's check or money order made out to "The Office of the Attorney General" for $39.


Our Human Resources Department gathers required information from applicants two times per month. If an applicant meets all licensure requirements and the background check, our office will email the applicant electronic paperwork.

After the electronic paperwork is complete, applicants must bring two forms of ID to the district office, to include:

  • A valid Passport OR

  • Two (2) pieces of federal or state issued identification (such as a current driver's license, social security card, birth certificate, military ID, etc.)